With the more advancement of science and technology, although our lives are becoming easier, time is also running faster. Due to our busy schedules, we don’t even have the time to eat healthy food. That is why nowadays many people fill up their stomachs with junk or fast food. In such busy times, who has the time to chop some vegetables to add flavor to their food? For the people having busy routines, a food processor is an excellent addition to their lives.
Food processor is a very useful kitchen partner adaptable to the user’s need. Not only can you chop vegetables in it but it also provides mechanisms to grind, blend, or even pulverize food in it.
Structure and Working
- Size of the food processor varies from mini to large according to your personal need. Generally the included apparatus, apart from the size, are a crushing motor, a transparent bowl and a plastic lid. Extra features included in the apparatus vary from model to model.
- The heavy motor is usually placed in the middle of the apparatus providing the base. The stability of the machine is engaged due to the heaviness of the machine. The transparent bowl covers the whole motor. There is an elongated shaft stretching upwards. This shaft is known as the feeding tube. Food is added to the food processor through this tube which directly leads it to the motor crushing the added materials. The plastic lid is used to cover the mouth of the bowl in such a way that the food does not come out of it. For some models, the manufacturers also provide a plunger, with which you can push down the food items, forcing them to get crushed and giving us more products.
- The attachments provided with the basic apparatus of a food processor have many kinds of blades. These metallic special, S-shaped blades helps chopping and cutting of the food items we throw inside a food processor. Every blade has its unique feature through which they help the user.
- Extra features included in this apparatus are some blades, which are used crush vegetables or fruits into small chunks. A metal blade, known as dough blade may be used to make a bread or a pizza dough.
- An apparatus, known as egg whip is just like an egg beater. This apparatus lets you beat an egg without getting your hands dirty.
- Food processors can also be used as a juicer. Many fruits or vegetables are jolted down the feeding tube, while the blade on the motor helps to crush it, providing us with the fresh pulpy juices.
- A disc, known as julienne disc, is also provided with some models to cut down the food into long and thin shape. Vegetables like potatoes can also be chopped down in a French fry shape, using a French fry disc.
I hope that you are now familiar with the various features of food processor and consider it a valuable addition to your kitchen appliances. With that covered, the only thing left to consider while buying the food processor is which company to trust in.